Hands-on cooking and baking classes
- Experience – beginner to advance welcome
- Class Size – regular classes 14-15 persons, private up to 24 persons
- Class Length – regular 3-3½ hours, workshops 5-5½ hours (unless otherwise noted)
- State-of-the-art kitchen with Viking appliances and John Boos worktables
- Outdoor garden patio with tables & grilling area
- Outdoor cooking patio with wood-fired oven
- Culinary Gardens – herbs to heirloom vegetables nestled on 3 sprawling acres
- Located just 20 minutes south of Lansing, Michigan
- Ingredients, knives, equipment and aprons provided for in-class use
- Dine on your culinary creations at the end of class
- Class recipe booklet
Le Chat Gourmet invites you to join Chef Vincent in warmer months on a culinary garden
tour – collect fresh herbs, heirloom vegetables, edible flowers and harvest apples,
pears and cherries from our fruit trees for creating seasonal cuisine!
Where there’s smoke there’s fire – follow the smoke signals and register for a wood-fire cooking class
from pizza to artisan breads – learn to control the temperature from a real fire while imparting
smoky deliciousness with apple, alder, oak, cherry and maple wood.
Kid Cooking Classes
‘Hands-on’ junior chef cooking classes for ages 8-16 introduces students to a variety of cuisine, kitchen safety, beginning knife skills, reading recipes, measuring dry and liquid ingredients to plate presentation while building kitchen confidence in a fun environment. Students dine
on their creations at the close of class – register your junior chef today!
Searching for a unique team building event? What better way to improve planning, communication
and organizational skills than creating a custom designed menu while building team morale
– the Le Chat Gourmet kitchen will have you cooking up teamwork!
Gourmet Cookware Shop
Enjoy shopping for the same high quality knives, cook’s tools and cookware used in our
classroom kitchen. Open during cooking classes and by appointment.
Le Chat Gourmet Culinary Vacations specializes in small-group, personalized travel with a
culinary focus. Our goal is to immerse you in the food, culture and history of our destination
with daily excursions to nearby sites, vineyards, markets and hands-on cooking lessons
while still providing ample time for ‘tourist’ activities and relaxation.